Monday 29 January 2018

Movies: Downsizing (15), Early Man (PG) & Maze Runner: The Death Cure (12A)

Downsizing (15) – what’s it about? There is a scientific breakthrough where living matter can be shrunk and to help save the planet people begin to get downsized – this is the story of one man’s life pre and post shrinking.

This is one of those movies that I just thought meh I have a couple of hours to spare in my life and it fitted in so I thought what the hell and went to see it. I didn’t know what to expect really. It was a good movie which had its moments, there were a couple of comical bits but mainly the story was about the hardship of life and quite deep being about the current state of the environment. So don’t expect to be bowled away by too much light-heartedness here as it’s more of a serious movie with comical elements. That said though it was still a good movie with an interesting concept. I think 3 stars is being too generous but 2 is probably too harsh but the way they say leisure drove me completely nuts so it gets a 2 :P

Rating: **

Early Man (PG) – what’s it about? A bunch of Stone Age people challenge some Bronze Agers to save their valley.

This is a clay animation movie which is much like Wallace and Gromit so if you like those films and find them amusing this is worth going to see. This is pretty amusing in bits, the characters are very quirky and it’s all well a bit silly really. On my own fault though I wasn’t expecting this to be all about football, a bit yes but not the entire thing, I should have really looked into it a little more, as I’m not really a fan of football in any way, shape or form, so that left it a little meh for me really. If you are into it though you’ll probably pick up on more things which will make it even more amusing for you. I think 2 stars is being too harsh but 3 maybe a little too generous but as I hate football so much sadly it’s a 2 from me.

Rating: **



Maze Runner: The Death Cure (12A) – what’s it about? The third movie in the Maze Runner series and this one’s all about curing the disease that’s ravaged humanity to near extinction.

So you have to have seen the rest of these to know what this is about really, and I really regret not re-watching them before I went to see this – just so I was all brushed up on the story. I was told this is the last movie in the series and if that’s true I suppose its wait and see but this does give a good close to the story and I think anymore will just be dragging it out. Yeah it’s got some good story – the first part is more story based and a bit slower but the second half moves into the more action side so it’s a good mix of the two really. It’s definitely worth seeing if you like the Maze Runner series. Man their world sucks!

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment