Monday 22 January 2018

Movies: Coco (PG) & The Commuter (15)

Coco (PG) – what’s it about? A boy ends up in the afterlife and must seek the blessing of his family to return to the world of the living.

I went to see this thinking this looks like it could be pretty cool and that was about all I thought it was going to be. OMG was I surprised, this was the most moving movie I’ve seen in a while, and it really struck a chord with me (no pun intended). The story was good, interesting and pretty deep when you think about it afterwards. I have to admit it did make me shed a tear too; the story sucked me in that much. It did bring up lots of memories and made me think of people in my life that were no longer here afterwards so I was a little sad but that said the movie is beautiful in visuals and in story. It’s definitely worth seeing if you like a good Pixar/Disney movie.

Rating: ****



The Commuter (15) – what’s it about? An ex-cop must follow the instructions of some shady characters or there will be consequences.

So if you’ve seen one Liam Neeson movie you’ve seen them all. If you like them then this one will be straight there (with no delays hehe) as it’s the same type of thing as the usual, nothing really much different than you’d expect really. IMO they are always good mindless movies to watch as in you can just watch it and enjoy without thinking too deep into it. It’s one of those that keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat, the story is good as is the action and the mystery. Like I say it’s what you expect from his movies, so if you love them then go and check this one out but if not then give it a miss.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment