Monday 13 March 2017

Movies: Logan (15), Kong: Skull Island (12A), Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (DVD – 12) & Ironclad (DVD – 15)

Logan (15) – what’s it about? Logan and Xavier are living out their final days quietly in Mexico and end up crossing paths with a young mutant that brings all kinds of mayhem with her.

I’m not sure how to say this…I liked it but there was just something about it that left me a little hmmmm, it wasn’t exactly typical X-Men type stuff well it was but it wasn’t, I don’t know it seemed as if something was missing but I can’t put my finger on it. Anyway I have to say though it was still enjoyable, it had a good story to it and the action scenes were good and by the end I was very sad but also intrigued to what comes next.  I won’t say any more than that!

Rating: ****



Kong: Skull Island (12A) – what’s it about? In 1970 an expedition is launched to a remote island and they discover lots of weird giant creatures live there including the giant ape called Kong.

Another reboot of this franchise and I do wonder how many times they’re going to recycle this one. That said though this was a pretty good reboot, it did give a different take on the adventure and the bit of action was good too. It’s ok for a watch to pass the time and just to see what they’ve done but I wouldn’t say it’s to rave about.

Rating: ***



Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (DVD – 12) – what’s it about? The Pirates go on a quest for the fountain of youth.

I thought I’d watch this again in time for the next pirate adventure which is due out within the next few months. What to say, if you like the adventures of Captain Jack and the crew then you will most definitely enjoy this one, as it’s full of the usual pirate antics and adventures, along with some story and a bit of fighting. It’s probably a good time to watch/rewatch if you plan to see the new one when it’s released!

Rating: ****



Ironclad (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? A Templar Knight and a group of men must defend Rochester castle from the onslaught of King John.

I don’t think I’d watched this since it came out on DVD so I thought I’d give it a rewatch as I couldn’t remember too much about it. It’s a good movie, a bit of story and lots of blood/violence, what you’d expect really from a movie set in that era, some of the effects were pretty hinky but in all it was still a good mindless movie.

Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment