Monday 21 March 2016

Movies: The Boy (15), 10 Cloverfield Lane (12A) & Humanity’s End (DVD – 15)

The Boy (15) – what’s it about? A new nanny is hired to look after a boy in an old English country house, turns out though the boy is actually a porcelain doll…

Ok I really hate dolls and I thought man this movie is going to be the creepiest thing I've ever seen…and well it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I didn’t think it was overly scary though it was amusing in parts when everyone in the cinema jumped. That said though I actually enjoyed it, if you are a real horror fan then you might be a little disappointed but worth a look if you want an average scary movie.

Rating: J J J



10 Cloverfield Lane (12A) – what’s it about? A girl wakes up in a doomsday bunker after a car accident and isn’t quite sure if her saviour is friend or foe…

So this one started and I thought yeah going to be another kidnap/survival movie which freaks me out. It was a little dull at first but then (this is so hard to write this without spoilers) I began to question everything…let’s just leave it at that! The second half of the movie gets pretty good, I wasn’t disappointed!

Rating: J J J O



Humanity’s End (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? A robotic-alien race sets out to destroy humanity, whilst the crew of an old starship try to survive.

Yeah like low budget sci-fi – like I’ve said in the past these can be really good or really bad. I don’t mind the whole dodgy graphics if the story and acting is good, sadly in this one some of the acting could have been better but the story was an interesting concept. If you like really shaky sci-fi then you’ll probably like this one, if not though I’d give it a miss.

Rating: J J O


No comments:

Post a Comment