Wednesday 30 March 2016

Movies: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (12A), Zootropolis (PG) & Doomsday (DVD – 18)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (12A) – what’s it about? This follows on from Man of Steel and humanity questions if Superman is good or bad.

Well then…well then…what can I say about this one, I actually liked Man of Steel so with that in mind I came away a bit disappointed in this one, it could have been so good but it just wasn’t. It just generally lacked in story and in action, the acting was alright but that was about it. Its not up there with the other superhero movies, its about average really.

Rating: J J J



Zootropolis (PG) – what’s it about? A Rabbit becomes the first Bunny police officer and moves to Zootropolis and tackles her first case!

This is absolutely brilliant! I haven’t seen an animated movie that was this good well for a long while. As an adult I found it really amusing and I think kids will also find this really entertaining (well the ones in the cinema seemed to). They managed to tick both the boxes for young ones and oldies. It really did make me lol, it has some great scenes and one liners in it, a good story and characters. It was definitely a joy to watch which all the family will love!

Rating: J J J J O



Doomsday (DVD – 18) – what’s it about? A virus hits Scotland and it’s sealed off…the outbreak then hits London and an officer is sent to Scotland to find a cure.

Truthfully I put this up to either be a low budget B movie or one of the worst movies ever, I have no idea why I bought it…ok well I do, it was because it was like 50p and I hadn’t seen it. So what can I say? It turns out it was directed by the guy who done Dog Soldiers – so you can get the idea of what this will be like, if you loved that movie then you’ll probably like this one too! This was by far the most surprising gem I have seen in a long while, I absolutely loved it! Its modern world meets post-apocalyptic society at its best, with its modern, medieval and mad-max styles. It’s got enough action to shake a stick at and a basic plot too, so if you love a bit of British violence then you must watch this beauty!

Rating: J J J J O


No comments:

Post a Comment