Monday 14 March 2016

Movies: Allegiant (12A) & Beetlejuice (DVD – 15)

Allegiant (12A) – what’s it about? The third movie in the Divergent series, Tris and the gang venture outside the wall…

I quite like the Divergent series but then again I’ve never got around to reading the books so the movies have always been an interesting concept. To me this one doesn’t disappoint. I was a little taken back by the fact this turned into a bit of a sci-fi, I love sci-fi but I wasn’t expecting it here, but it’s not a bad thing. Once again this one is a good balance between the story and action scenes. If you like Divergent you’ll like it…though according to a friend maybe not so much if you’ve read the books.

Rating: J J J O



Beetlejuice (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? After their deaths a young couple hire Beetlejuice to rid their house of its new owners.

I hadn’t seen this for years and had to get hold of it again! Its one of those black comedy movies, it’s not so dark that you think why am I laughing at this, its fun even though it’s pretty morbid when you begin to think about it. If you haven’t seen it before and like some of the cool old 80s comedy movies then you will probably love this one, if you can’t see the funny side of death then maybe skip it.

Rating: J J J J


No comments:

Post a Comment