Monday 22 June 2015

Movies: Jurassic World (12A), Priest (DVD – 12A), Déjà vu (DVD – 12A) & I Am Legend (DVD – 15)

Jurassic World (12A) – what’s it about? The parks scientists have created a new dinosaur which escapes and all hell breaks loose…

I used to love Jurassic Park as a teenager so it was good to see another high budget movie with dino destruction. This one doesn’t disappoint, it has a bit of plot, link backs to the previous movies, action and it’s actually a little scary for youngsters I’d think. This is one is pretty awesome J

Rating: J J J J O



Priest (DVD – 12A) – what’s it about? Vampires and humans have been at war – the war has ended or has it?

A post apocalyptic world field with freaky ass vampires and really religious humans, sounds interesting right? There’s no Twilight lovey-doveyness in this one, the vampires are more monster than vampire. It’s got an interesting plot, the universe is pretty cool, action and general killing but I don’t know it just lacked a little in parts…but it’s still bloody good!

Rating: J J J O



Déjà vu (DVD – 12A) – what’s it about? After a terrorist attack an ATF agent investigates but not through normal means.

My sister recommended this one to me as I hadn’t seen it and I watched it with not knowing much about it, apart from a cop investigates a terror plot...I definitely wasn’t expecting time travel! This has a really interesting plot and ideas behind it, very cool indeed, its quite gripping with the investigation side (I can’t say much without spoiling it so I won’t). This is worth a watch if you like crime stuff but also time-travel stuff.

Rating: J J J O



I Am Legend (DVD – 15) – what’s it about? Humanity is all but destroyed by a cure that goes wrong and turns humanity into Darkseekers (a kind of monster-vampire), can a doctor survive and find a cure…

This is a bloody good movie – even if it’s just for the most part about one man and his dog. It’s well written, the story is great (especially if your into vampires/zombies and post-apocalyptic worlds), it’s a really emotional journey of survival. It’s definitely worth watching!!!

Rating: J J J J O


No comments:

Post a Comment