Wednesday 1 October 2014

Fandom: EGX (Euro Gamer Expo) – 26 & 27 Sep 2014

From the outside...Earls Court

At the weekend I got to attend the Euro Gamer Expo (now known as EGX) at Earls Court in London – what to say about this event????...

I got to hang out with some amazing Legacy of Kain/Nosgoth people :D – oh you all know who you are – who were super! I got to play a fair few games...including queuing 30 mins to play Nosgoth – man the wait was longer than the wait in a Lobby back in Alpha lol

View from upstairs

Anyway onto the show – I managed to attend both the Friday and Saturday. The atmopshere was great – the people and design – layout and well just the whole thing was pretty awesome and what you’d kind of expect from a convention if you’ve not been – loud noises – cheering – matches on big screens – stalls – games – games and more games...oh and not expecting overly priced food and drink – but it’s Earls Court so you know what to expect.

Cosplay stage

The only thing I was hoping for and was a little disappointed about was the amount of cosplayers – yes there were a few and the quality was great but there weren't as many as I thought there would be...well compared to MCM Comic Con there weren't many...but I suppose they've only had cosplay there for a couple of years so it takes a while to get going. They did though however have a cosplay stage – and stuff there going on...such as the masquerade, games, panels/guidance etc which was cool.

Winners of the cosplay masquerade (Friday)

The Friday was the less busy of the two days at the convention but it was still pretty manic – the queue to get in the doors was pretty huge but they managed to get people in pretty quick which was damn good...if it would have been raining it would have sucked. The queue time for games though wasn’t as long on the Friday as the Saturday but average waiting time for games was around 30 mins or so – so it was a lot of standing about but it could have been way worse.

There was a little free evening event at a local pub which was kinda cool to – it was free and you got a free drink (I luv free stuff!) and could take part in a gaming quiz...it was great to hang out with some people from the day and generally geek out about games and stuff...I’d recommend popping down if they do one next year – it’s not a banging party (like the Sony one) but a nice chilled out pub gathering.

Great cosplay

Anyway back to games...I don’t think I can remember all the games I went and played – but I'll try to name some: Alien Isolation, Nosgoth, Mortal Kombat X, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Lego Batman, Bayonetta 2, Lords of the Fallen, Super Smash Bros (for WiiU), Hyrule Warriors...yeah that's all I can remember right now – and they were all great in there own ways! 

My three top highly anticipated games are:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Bayonetta 2
Mortal Kombat X

...wait Lucinvampire – why isn’t Nosgoth listed in the top three games???? Surely that’s just rude! Heh I’m only not adding it because you all know it’d bump something else out of place – that it’s great – and how much I love it – so thought I’d better be fair and give chance to some other games for once.

Prophet and Alchemist @ Nosgoth

Well in round up – overall it was a great convention – with great people – games and overall awesomeness :D I’d highly recommend visiting it if you haven’t so far...the price is bargain to get in – and if you like games you’ll LOVE it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment