Tuesday 23 September 2014

Movies: Pineapple Express (DVD – 15), Cuban Fury (DVD – 15), Predator (DVD – 18), Predator 2 (DVD – 18), Alien Vs Predator (AvP) (DVD – 15) & Alien Vs Predator Requiem (AvPR) (DVD –15)

Pineapple Express (15) – what’s it about? A process server and a drug dealer go on the run from hitmen and police after witnessing a murder…

Hmmm…I have to admit this is one of the better comedies I’ve seen in a while – lots of really stupid moments – and it kinda reminded me of Jay and Silent Bob a tad – so you know it’s good for a little bit of a chuckle…

Rating: J J J



Cuban Fury (15) – what’s it about? As a child Bruce was an award winning Salsa champion – with it all given up he becomes a under confident man…a woman lights the fire in his heels and he takes up the dance again to win her heart!

When this came out in the cinema I was like “no! no! no way am I seeing this! It’s going to be the biggest pile of turd going! I’m never watching it ever!” and well umm I think I have to eat my hat on this one…I was pleasantly surprised – it is definitely a chick flick – don’t get me wrong on that at all what-so-ever – but it has its laughs – its smiles – sadness and good moments…I’m not into dancing – romance or girly stuff – and you know I enjoyed it – yes it’s not amazing but yeah kinda maybe worth giving it a go…maybe…

Rating: J J J O



Predator (18) – what’s it about? A team of Special Forces are sent to the jungle to find a missing diplomatic party – they are met by an unexpected surprise in the form of an alien…the Predator!

Dude I love this movie – so much do I love this movie – it’s a complete classic! Though I still can’t believe it was released in 1987! It has action – corny one liners and aliens what more do you want? If you’ve never seen this I don’t know where you’ve been – but watch it man or re-watch it if you like Arnie movies with a dash of cool ass aliens thrown in! Predators rule!

The question is – are you an Alien or Predator supporter?

Rating: J J J J O



Predator 2 (18) – what’s it about? The city of LA is under siege by drug gangs – a battle ensues between police and the gangs – throw in a Predator who has chosen LA as his hunting ground and well that’s this movie…

This is a good one – not with Arnie this time – but still a great sequel – voodoo gangs – guns – police – explosions and Predator – there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing this cool dude killing in some awesome ways…”want some candy?” J

Rating: J J J J



Alien Vs Predator (AvP) (15) – what’s it about? The year is 2004 and Weyland industries picks up a heat signature in the Artic...they go to investigate and discover something they weren’t expecting…extra-terrestrials battling it out on earth…

Holy crap Lucin you’ve been watching a lot of Predator/Alien sh*t recently – talk about wtf! Well I blame work lol…anyway onto this movie – it’s great – it has Aliens and Predators battling it out – action and people dying – love it man – love it big time – if you love the Alien/Predator movies/comics then you’ll probably die with how awesome this is…it has some great scenes…love it…though I’m not giving it 5* - why? Because it ended lol

Rating: J J J J O




Alien Vs Predator: Requiem (AvPR) (15) – what’s it about? After the end of AvP – Predators return to earth to destroy an Alien invasion…

I like this movie – it’s maybe not as good as AvP – I’m not sure but I think there’s too much stuff with humans and not enough with the Predators/Aliens lol but it’s still pretty cool J - it has Aliens and Predators and killing and explosions and guns and yeah – you get the drill – if you like the other movies you know what to expect…all good in the hood!

Rating: J J J J


No comments:

Post a Comment