Wednesday 4 June 2014

Movies: Maleficent (PG), Edge of Tomorrow (12A), A Million Ways to Die in the West (15), Hancock (DVD – 12A), and Woman in Black (2012) (DVD – 12)

Maleficent – the story of the evil mistress from the Disney Sleeping Beauty fairytale…

I was really impressed with this one – and yes I did go “oooooh wings – I want those wings” *No-Face hand grabbing action*. This was a fab film – for a kids/adultish-kids movie – wasn’t as dark as I was expecting but its Disney so you know. Great story that gives you some cool things you didn’t know before – a little bit of fighting – and some awesome fairy folk creatures! I’d say go see this in the cinema if you get chance – but if you’re a hard nose…you may not like it.

Rating: J J J J



Edge of Tomorrow – an officer who’s dumped back down to a Private finds himself trying to survive a war to save humanity from an alien race…

Guns + aliens + Tom Cruise = win! This film was pretty damn epic – and considering its like groundhog-day in space – it was surprisingly not annoying with it repeating the same day over and over and over and over. There were a couple of meh moments – but overall it was an alien action bonanza. If you like sci-finess then definitely get yourself to the cinema nipperdy-split!

Rating: J J J J O



A Million Ways to Die in the West – a man falls for the new woman in town and his courage is put to the test against her gun-slinging husband…

No no no no no!!!! This film was miss-sold! There is not a million ways to die in the west in it – at all – not even close to a million – maybe more like what 20ish…I was highly disappointed by this fact! heh. Ok it was a pretty good movie for a comedy – though I truthfully was expecting more people to die in it. The plot was ok – though it could have been a bit shorter as it dragged in parts – the comedy was a good mix…yes I did actually laugh quite a lot in this one – and one part did set me off pretty bad – was one of those moments where you’re left laughing for ages and everyone else in the cinema has gone quiet *embarrassed*. You don’t really need to see this at the cinema but you know it kinda worth looking into if you’d like a chuckle.

Rating: J J J O



Hancock (DVD) – a washed out superhero tries to find his way back into the favour of the people he protects…

I’ve seen this a couple of times – and every time I watch it I expect it to start differently! The movie is great though – an alcoholic superhero – that causes more chaos and damage than he does good! Come on you know if there were people with proper super-powers they’d at least be one like this…it’s a good movie – entertaining with story and action and laughs.

Rating: J J J O



Woman in Black (DVD – 2012) – a lawyer travels to a remote village to take care of some business – and comes face to face with a vengeful ghost…

I’ve heard this raved about – and how scary it is for a 12…and to tell you the truth I was a little disappointed – but probably because I had hopes for it! Yeah it was damn scary for a 12 – I so wouldn’t show this to little people – at all – ever – they’ll have a few sleepless nights from it – no just because it’s got Harry Potter in it doesn’t mean it’s going to be anything like that!!!! Be warned! It was pretty spooky…though I did get a little bored in parts – it lacked a lot of that edge of your seatness I like about horrors – but it’s worth seeing – on a cold dark night at home…preferable when you’re home alone – and with the lights off *evil laugh*

Rating: J J O


No comments:

Post a Comment