Wednesday 23 April 2014

Movies: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (12A), Transcendence (12A), Unstoppable (DVD – 12A) and Shooting Fish (DVD – 12)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - what’s it about? Continues on from the Amazing Spiderman…well duh – this time Peter takes on Oscorp and numerous baddies through the film…they just keep on coming…

I’m giving this 4 stars – I think that might be a little too generous…Spiderman is a dick in this movie – and the majority of this is love this and love that – “oh no I can’t be with you I’m Spiderman” – “oh I love you” – it kind of made me want to barf! The action and other parts of the story made up of the vom factor though.

Rating: J J J J



Transcendence - what’s it about? Dr Caster works on creating the ultimate AI…a group of anti-technology radicals set the projects back years...stuff happens and his team find a solution with an experiment which paves the way to change technology and the world *evil laugh*

Machines are going to take over the world – run for your lives! Come on you know some day one of these type of movies is going to come true…at that point meh it’ll be too late. Anyway – I really liked the story – characters and wholeness of this movie…there was a tiny bit that was a little meh…but overall the whole thing was pretty awesome…believable-scary…you know…but I’m not going to say anymore as I don’t want to spoil it.

Rating: J J J J



Unstoppable (DVD) - what’s it about? A run away train that contains toxic chemicals causes havoc across America

Action packed – good story – characters were alright – it is pretty adrenaline pumping in parts – made me think back to those old Speed movies – that type of thing if you know what I mean. If you like action movies then you might like this one…

Rating: J J J O



Shooting Fish (DVD) - what’s it about? Two conmen are trying to save enough hard earned – ok – stolen cash to be able to buy a mansion…

Good British comedy from way back when…had a few laughs – but doesn’t keel you over in hysterics – and does as most comedies get a little serious towards the second half. You can watch and look back at this one and laugh – especially about the computers at the beginning…worth a watch if you like British comedy type stuff…

Rating: J J O


5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, Spiderman, not my thing, I should watch for the special effects and music, but thats all. Transcendence, i put that on my 'to watch" list (do i say it right?) always nice to see Depp on the big screen. Of cours, when i here his voice, it's Captain Jack i here. ;-). Unstoppable is a good movie, One of my favorite actors, Denzel Washinton alongside Chris Pine (the new Kirk :-)) makes a good duo. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The effects in Spider-man are very cool :D ...yep adding it to the watch list is definitely the way to go with Transcendence...it is very serious Johnny Depp - thought the same as you I'd be thinking Captain Jack but never happened cuz he acted it so well and different. Oh and Kirk rules :D

      Delete
  2. I thought i was out of the "movie club", but i think it is time to go back into the adiction.

    Transcendence (the end gave me a melancholy taste don't know why :/)
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (great, i mean GREAT, Andrew Garfield is most accurate person to interpretate spiderman)

    Unstoppable -not yet (is it worth it because i have never seen starwars episode 4 5 and 6, and i don't have much time this week :/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * "....is it worth it?..."
      correction

      Delete
    2. Yeah I can understand where you're coming from with those ones :)

      Umm if you like action stuff yes but if not then probably not, I'd say it's worth looking at if you have a spare few moments though

      Delete