Monday 9 September 2013

Movies: Riddick (15) & About Time (12A)

Riddick – what it about? Well it’s the next film in the Chronicles of Riddick saga that takes place 5 years after The Chronicles of Riddick. Riddick is the Lord Marshal of the Necromongers and wanting to find out more about Furya he makes a deal with Vaako who agrees to have Riddick taken to his original home world. Riddick is taken to a planet and is left for dead, things happen and he has to try to get off that rock.
This was enjoyable don’t get me wrong, it's Riddick! I love the Riddick saga but to me this was just kind of a reboot of Pitch Black. Yes, it had its differences but I don’t know it was just very samey. I was hoping for more linked to the Necromongers or something a little different but that sadly didn’t happen. It’s worth seeing if you are a fan of the franchise or you want to see a good action movie but don’t expect to be blown away too much. Oh and watch out for bugs!



About Time – what’s it about? It’s basically the story of a young lad from Cornwall, the men in his family can go back in time and can therefore change things about their lives. He swears he will use this power for – love, and it’s basically the story.
Well this, what can I say it was a good 45 minutes too long for my taste, there are a few bits to bring a smile but overall it’s basically another romance/romantic comedy. Sure if you like those things you will probably love it but for me not so much. The time travel element of this made me see it and that is interesting, the rest is pretty average.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment